Friday, July 12, 2013

10 Days and Counting...

Sorry for the delay in posting, I have been busy with work this week!

10 days to go till SO and I head to Europe...and I unearthed a suitcase in from the garage today. I figured I'd get packing done today since I'm working again all next week before we leave.

I have some new dresses to bring, but other than the clothing "essentials", I admit I am stumped about what else I can pack. From perusing WeddingBee (if I remember correctly), jeans aren't fashionable in Europe. :(  Any other bees out there have an idea of what clothing I can wear?

Now for some details about the trip!

SO and I will be flying from O'Hare International Airport, to London Heathrow Airport. Below is the hotel we'll be staying at while in London.

The Norfolk Plaza Hotel (Paddington)
(credit to: Hotels.com)


From off the top of my head, some of the places and attractions we'll be visiting are Buckingham Palace and Hyde Park.  We will also be visiting a few museums, I believe. I imagine London will be very lively with  Duchess Catherine's baby on the way! Have to admit that I'm more excited for her baby, than I ever was for Kim Kardashian's. :p

After five days in London, we'll be traveling to Paris via train. We'll be staying here:

Hôtel Alison 
(credit to: Hotels.com)

SO and I know for sure that we want to visit the Eiffel Tower, but other than that we are unsure of what else we would like to see.

That, and... all signs point to my name coming off that waiting list! I know he has *the* ring! ;)

We'll be in Paris from July 28th to the morning of July 30th, after which we will be flying home. Does anyone have recommendations for things to see or restaurants to dine at while here? :) Thank you for any advice!

On that note, time to get packing!

I seriously cannot wait for this trip. :)

3 comments:

  1. I found the restaurants in the Latin Quarter to be great - cute, affordable and with great food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reply! We'll try to look into some nice places. :)

      Delete
  2. I also liked the Latin Quarter! And for what it's worth, I found people in London to be much more fashionable than people in Paris (I know you're gone already). The Victoria and Albert Museum in London is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete